Yarra, along with the rest of metropolitan Melbourne, will move to the Third Step Towards COVID Normal from 11.59pm Tuesday 27 October 2020.
The rundown on restrictions
There are some big changes coming into effect from 11.59pm tonight.
Changes to how we live
- Melbourne will move from ‘stay home’ to ‘stay safe’, with no limits on the reasons to leave home.
- You must continue to wear a mask and stay within 25km of home when out and about.
- A maximum of two adults from the same household and their dependants can visit your home once a day. This means if someone visits your house during the day, you can’t visit someone else’s house that day. The dependants can’t be unsupervised.
- Outdoor gatherings can have up to 10 people from any number of households.
- Libraries and community venues will be able to open for outdoor events.
- Outdoor pools will increase capacity to 50 people (subject to density) – including Fitzroy Pool.
- Outdoor religious ceremonies can have up to 20 people, in addition to those required for the service. Indoor services can be held with up to 10 people.
- Weddings will increase to ten people, and funerals up to 20 mourners.
Changes to how we work
- If you can work from home, you must work from home.
- Cafes, restaurants and pubs will reopen with capacity and density limits. If you have a business and need to get ready for reopening, your staff can attend work straight away.
- All remaining retail will open.
- Beauty and personal care services can resume.
- Outdoor entertainment venues can begin hosting visitors.
For more details on these changes visit DHHS – Victoria’s restriction levels.
What’s changing at Yarra?
Customer service centres
- Our customer service centres at Collingwood Town Hall and Richmond Town Hall will open from 8.30am Wednesday 4 November 2020.
- Remaining centres will open in the near future.
- Please use our online services where possible.
- Remember to wear a mask, keep your distance and wash your hands if you’re visiting us. If you’re feeling unwell or have any COVID symptoms, please stay home and get tested.
- Yarra Libraries branches will open on Monday 9 November 2020, with capacity and density limits.
- Collingwood Library will remain closed due to ongoing building works.