Primary producers recovering from the devastating impacts of bushfires are still receiving vital support, with around $70 million in Special Disaster Grants approved in the last three months.
Deputy Premier and Minister responsible for Disaster Recovery John Barilaro said that it was pleasing to see such a large uptake of the grants, with the money going directly to those who need it most.
“Regional communities across NSW have not only been devastated by the recent bushfires, but continue to suffer through the worst drought in recorded history and now face significant hardships due to COVID-19,” Mr Barilaro said.
“It is fantastic to see more than 1,100 farmers from across the State receive the grant payment of up to $75,000, which will help cover some of the costs associated with repairing and rebuilding infrastructure on their properties.”
Minister for Agriculture Adam Marshall said the program had been a huge success, with around $70 million put into the pockets of bushfire-affected farmers right across the State.
“Whether it’s rebuilding sheds or buying much-needed fodder, this money is being put straight to use to help farms and farm businesses recover,” Mr Marshall said.
Mr Marshall said that applications were open until June 30, 2020 and urged any farmers who had not accessed the scheme, to do so before the deadline.
“After the devastating summer we had, I don’t want to see any eligible farmer in NSW miss out on this grant,” Mr Marshall said.
“That includes primary producers who may have already accessed up to $15,000 under the previous scheme – you can now apply for additional funds, bringing the total available to $75,000.”
Applications can be made via the NSW Rural Assistance Authority, either by calling 1800 678 593 or online at www.raa.nsw.gov.au/disaster-assistance/special-disaster-grant-bushfires.