The City of Ballarat is seeking expressions of interest for up to six vacancies on the Lake Wendouree & Gardens Stakeholder Reference Group for a two-year term.
The reference group is a consultative forum to support policies, development applications and commercial activity around Lake Wendouree and the Ballarat Botanical Gardens, including:
- Managing the precinct to preserve and enhance its environmental and cultural values
- Provide residents and visitors with quality recreational, educational, and cultural experiences with minimum cost to ratepayers
- Advocate for and attract economic stimulus to the region’s business.
City of Ballarat Mayor Cr Daniel Moloney said it was important community members had their say over the Lake Wendouree and Ballarat Botanical Gardens precinct’s future.
“Lake Wendouree and its surrounding gardens are some of Ballarat’s most valuable cultural, environmental and tourism assets and we must ensure it is protected and preserved for generations to come,” Cr Moloney said.
“The area is also one of the most publicly used spaces in the city, with many events on the land and the water, in addition to passive recreation across the precinct. During the pandemic, people have come to appreciate even more the importance of this space to our city.”
“I would urge anyone with an interest in joining the group to get online and register so we can have a fair community representation on the committee with the expertise and the passion to help us manage this very important area.”
The reference group’s Terms of Reference can be found on the City of Ballarat’s website.
The committee will meet on a weekday for around 1.5 hours every three months between 2:30pm and 4pm.
Expressions of interest can be registered online using Smarty Grants here.
Please note: If you are expressing your interest as:
- an individual, you will only need to complete the Smarty Grants form
- a representative from a committee or group, you will need to attach a letter of support from your committee/group
- a representative for a business or organisation, you will need to submit a letter of support from your business
Expressions of interest close 11pm, Monday 4 October.