Queensland border checkpoints have now been reinstated at all major border crossings across the Gold Coast as of this morning.
To ensure priority and timely access through the road borders, police are urging all motorists to print their border declaration passes and display it on their windscreen.
If you do not have access to a printer, please ensure you have the border pass easily accessible on your smart device.
Motorists can expect police-controlled vehicle checkpoints at three locations across the Gold Coast:
- Gold Coast Highway and Coolangatta Road
- M1 Northbound near Stewarts Road
- Griffith Street and Stuart Street, Coolangatta
Hard border closures will be in place in the below locations. Motorists and residents can expect high visibility checks and patrols at these locations.
- Boundary Street and Clarke Street
- Dixon Street and Bay Street
- Miles Street
- Leeward Terrace and Tooloon Street
- Kent Street near Murraba Crescent
- Tomewin Mountain Road, Currumbin Valley
- Dixon & Florence
- Nerang Murwillumbah Road, Natural Bridge
Delays are expected at the road border checkpoints as people adopt to the new border restrictions.
Travellers are asked to plan accordingly and to remain patient.
Providing false information on the declaration or entering Queensland unlawfully could result in a $4,003 fine.
The Queensland Entry Declaration can be accessed at www.qld.gov.au/border-pass and is valid for fourteen days.