Following the state government announcement this week, regional Victoria including Greater Shepparton has entered Step 3 towards COVID-19 Normal.
Having reached a 14-day average of 3.6 active COVID cases and with no mystery cases, regional Victoria has reached the necessary requirements in the Victorian State roadmap to take the next step towards a new normal.
Step 3 means there are no restrictions on reasons for leaving home and some industry restrictions are lifted. Regional Victoria will stay in this third step until zero new cases state-wide ae reached for a 14-day period.
What this means for Greater Shepparton:
- Public gatherings outdoors are allowed up to 10 people
- Outdoor playgrounds open
- Household visits are allowed up to 5 people from the one household
- Schools will see staged return to onsite learning for all students in Term 4 with safety measures in place
- Under 18 outdoor contact and non-contact sport can return
- Adult outdoor non-contact sport can return
- Religious gatherings, weddings and funerals can take place outdoor with up to 10 people
- Outdoor dining – venues will be able to serve patrons outdoors for up to 50 people within a two square metre density limit
- Indoor dining – venues will be able to seat 10 customers for up to four square metre density rules
- Beauty and personal care services will be able to return for services that uphold to mandatory mask wearing
- Regional real estate agents will be able to hold auctions outdoors with up to 10 people.
- And travel can resume for regional Victorians holidaying anywhere in regional Victoria.
What this means for Council Services:
The following Council services will re-open for face to face contact but still adhering to health guidelines, physical distancing requirements and mask wearing.