HERO Instant Energy for Males capsules pose a serious risk to your health and should not be taken.
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has tested a product labelled HERO Instant Energy for Males and found that:
- Tadalafil is an undeclared substance contained in the capsules.
- Tadalafil may interact with nitrates found in some prescription medicines, such as nitroglycerin, and may lower blood pressure to dangerous levels. People with diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or heart disease often take nitrates .
- Consumers are advised that tadalafil is a Schedule 4 prescription only substance included in the current Poisons Standard.
In Australia, advertising and supply of HERO Instant Energy for Males capsules is illegal. The product has not been entered into the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG). Under the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989, prescription only medicines must be entered into the ARTG and cannot be advertised to the Australian public.
Information for consumers
- Stop using HERO Instant Energy for Males capsules and take any remaining tablets to your local pharmacy for safe disposal.
- If you have used any of these products and have concerns, consult your health care practitioner.
- If you suspect a side effect (adverse event) to any product, please make an online report to the TGA or telephone 1800 020 653.
- If you have concerns about any product (therapeutic goods) you can also make a report to the TGA.
- Tadalafil is used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED) which is a relatively common condition that can affect men of all ages. The TGA strongly advises consumers to consult with a doctor to determine the cause of their ED and to identify safe and appropriate treatment options.
The TGA advises consumers that if they are considering buying therapeutic products online it is important to be careful, especially when the seller does not ask for a valid prescription. Products not entered into the ARTG may be counterfeit (fake), containing undeclared (hidden) ingredients that could cause severe adverse reactions.
Action the TGA is taking
The TGA is working with the Australian Border Force (ABF) to stop future shipments of HERO Instant Energy for Males capsules entering Australia. The ABF will seize and destroy the product as it is intercepted at the Australian border.