Pictured above: Our CEO Ashley Reid and President Dr Ruth Shean.
Message from our CEO and President.
Every day, 36 West Australians are diagnosed with cancer. But, together with our loyal and committed volunteers and supporters, we are determined to change that.
As a community-funded organisation, Cancer Council Western Australia relies on your support to deliver our work across every aspect of every cancer. Throughout what has been another uncertain year in a global pandemic, we have continued to be inspired by the generosity and passion of the Western Australian community.
It is only thanks to your support that we are able to continue delivering our cancer prevention programs, funding local world-class research, providing support to West Australians affected by cancer and advocating for change.
On behalf of Cancer Council WA’s board, staff and volunteers, thank you for sharing in our vision of a future without cancer.
Chief Executive Officer
| Dr Ruth Shean|
President and Chair
Here’s a snapshot of 10 key highlights in the 2020/2021 financial year:
1. 4943 check-ins at our Crawford and Milroy accommodation Lodges from country patients and their carers to access treatment in Perth.
2. 5550 contacts were received by 13 11 20, our cancer information and support line.
3. 1377 counselling sessions were provided at no cost to 775 people affected by cancer.
4. 346 patients were provided with pro bono legal, financial and workplace advice.
5. 1704 Transport to Treatment trips were provided from our Crawford and Milroy Lodges at no cost to regional cancer patients and their carers.
6. 4885 country cancer patients and carers received support from our regional Cancer Support Coordinators.
7. 1997 wigs, turbans, hats and scarves were provided to 795 cancer patients at no cost by our Wig Service.
8. We allocated $2.1m to support over 80 local cancer researchers across more than 40 projects funded.
9. 30,261 students from 133 schools crunched on fresh vegies as part of The Great Vegie Crunch event.
10. The SunSmart van attended 30 community and sporting events to promote sun protective behaviours.
These are just some of the highlights from our 2020/2021 financial year. And all of this was only possible thanks to the incredible support and generosity of our amazing supporters.