The Mayor of Blacktown City, Tony Bleasdale OAM is delighted that our community has embraced our idea to light some of our parks during lockdown.
From Friday 2 July 2021, until Greater Sydney comes out of lockdown, a spread of 15 parks across Blacktown City will be floodlit from 5 pm to 8 pm each night.
The parks chosen are centrally located, with convenient car parking.
Please note that the use of these parks is in accordance with the current COVID-19 public health regulations – so there can be no organised community sport, groups larger than 2 people (excluding persons of the same household), and outdoor exercise must remain within your local government area or within 10km of your home. Note also that no toilets will be available.
The parks that will be lit up from 5 pm to 8 pm each day are:
- Fyfe Rd grass field, Fyfe Road, The Ponds
- Schofields Pk Top Field, Station Street, Schofields
- Wrights Reserve, Pye Road, Quakers Hill.
- Alwyn Lindfield Reserve, Glenwood Park Drive, Glenwood
- Marayong Park Mini Field, Davis Road, Marayong
- Lynwood Park, Stephen Street, Blacktown.
- Best Rd Reserve, Best Road, Seven Hills
- Grantham Reserve, Mississippi Road, Seven Hills
- Ashley Brown Reserve, South Kennedy Parade, Lalor Park.
- Angus Park, Beames Avenue, Rooty Hill
- Tallawong Oval, Tallawong Avenue, Blacktown
- Minchinbury Reserve, Back Field Minchin Drive, Minchinbury.
- Heber Park, Corner field Pringle Road, Hebersham
- Peter Van Hasselt Park, Palmyra Avenue, Shalvey
- Ropes Crossing Reserve, Guild Place, Ropes Crossing.