Launch Friday at Melbourne Museum, with NASA geobiologist. Plus 430 Science Week events around Victoria:
▪ Meet the NASA scientist paving the way for Mars missions, and other women doing science in extreme environments.
▪ Can virtual reality make food taste different? A science event that messes with your senses.
▪ Sewer soap, fatberg and a pee-powered battery: art and science meet the war on waste.
▪ Gut feelings: is there a link between your microbiome and mental health?
▪ Artificial intelligence and the future of humanity: world premiere of the movie MACHINE.
▪ What’s the science behind the perfect brew? And could you make coffee in space?
▪ Maker workshops for everyone, including people with disabilities.
▪ Take a virtual reality tour of the Universe.
▪ Can we generate wealth from waste? Ask the inventor of green steel and recycling micro-factories.
▪ ‘The Curiosity Show’ meets music.
▪ Take the Aha! Challenge and test your brain’s creative insight.
More on these highlights below, and others at www.scienceinpublic.com.au/science-week, and on Twitter at