Get ready for 24 hours of live music, movies, art and more at Wyndham’s newest festival – 24.
Presented by Wyndham City, Chirnside Park in Werribee will be transformed into a 24-hour free festival wonderland, with a live music stage, outdoor cinema, roving performances, light installations, live art and more.
The action kicks off at 6pm, on Saturday 6 May and will run through until 6pm, Sunday 7 May, with the opportunity to stay up through the night, or drop in across the 24 hours.
Wyndham City Mayor, Cr Susan McIntyre, said 24 would mark an exciting first for Melbourne’s west.
“The new festival 24 will provide a unique opportunity to experience our city in a whole new way, where every hour brings something new to enjoy.”
“As we’ve seen with the success of LIT, there’s a real appetite for these kinds of events in Wyndham.”
“This fresh addition to our major events calendar will feature an incredible program of free, high-quality arts and cultural experiences that residents can enjoy right here in their own backyard, without needing to travel into the city”, Cr McIntyre said.
Creative City portfolio holder, Cr Marcel Mahfoud encouraged residents to experience the fun and wonder of 24.
“The festival will feature a fantastic line-up of music from around the world including Ethiopian roots and reggae from Nhatty Man, indie rock from Berkley, master of the kora Amadou Souso & Friends, local hip hop artist, NOMAD, Wurundjeri dance group the Djirri Djirri, RnB supergroup Halo Vocal Ensemble and many more,” Cr Mahoud said.
“Over the course of 24 hours, you’ll also be able to see live artworks created in real time by Slow Art Collective and renowned street artist, Callum Preston.”
“You can also catch a movie at the 24-Hour Outdoor Cinema, enjoy beautiful art installations or dance your way through the night at the Silent Disco with White Night crowd favourite, UKI – a giant, robotic insect on wheels with its own DJ decks.”
“During the day and early evening you’ll be able to enjoy high energy sets on the Riverside Stage, while at night, 24 will transition into something a little more magical with glowing light installations and other quiet, ambient experiences to enjoy between 11pm – 9am.”
The program will also feature a free, 24 Hour Outdoor Cinema (headphones provided) featuring back to back cult classics inspired by the theme of time, including Back to the Future and Groundhog Day.
“It’s the perfect chance to make a weekend of it and explore the terrific dining options in Werribee City Centre,” Cr Mahfoud said.
Visitors will also be able to enjoy a bite to eat from onsite food trucks, with picnics also welcome.
See the full program and plan your visit to this free, 24 event at www.wyndham.vic.gov.au/24
- Riverside Stage: Featuring live music and dance from around the world
- UKI: Part giant insect, part mechanical robot and, part DJ booth on wheels (previously seen at Burning Man and at White Night Melbourne)
- Callum Preston: Renowned street artist Callum Preston of Everfresh Studio turns an old car into a glowing, neon piece of art.
- Slow Art Collective: Let your creativity run wild and add your own piece to two large-scale works from the Slow Art Collective
- Imaginary Botanicals: A glowing garden maze of 400 illuminated flowers and giant kaleidoscope, Chromatica by The Indirect Object.
- The Curious Game: A larger than life board game from Born in a Taxi, where you become the chess piece!
- Roving Performances: See Illuminated Angels, Sacred Serfs giant dragonflies, ladybirds and more.
- Neon Tennis: Glow in the dark tennis!
- 24-Hour Outdoor Cinema: A back-to-back program of cult classics (headphones provided)
- Silent Disco and many more surprises…
When: Saturday 6 May, 6pm – Sunday 7 May, 6pm, 2023
Tickets: This is a free Wyndham City event – no bookings required
Where: Chirnside Park, 220 Watton Street, Werribee