Kiama Council is encouraging nominations for the Local Government Regional NAIDOC Awards 2022.
We are a proud supporter of the Awards that recognise the talents, excellence, and significant contributions of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people in our region.
There are 6 award categories:
- Aboriginal Elder of the Year (male and female)
- Aboriginal Worker of the Year
- Aboriginal Young Achiever of the Year (male and female)
- Aboriginal Community Volunteer of the Year
- Aboriginal Organisation or Project of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution to Reconciliation (Aboriginal or Non-Aboriginal).
This year the awards are hosted by Wollongong Council and will be presented on Saturday 30 July at the Local Government Regional NAIDOC Awards Dinner at the Fraternity Club, Fairy Meadow.
If you need help completing your nomination contact our Aboriginal Liaison Officer on (02) 4232 0444.
Entries close at 5pm Friday 1 July 2022.
/Public Release. This material from the originating organization/author(s) might be of the point-in-time nature, and edited for clarity, style and length. Mirage.News does not take institutional positions or sides, and all views, positions, and conclusions expressed herein are solely those of the author(s).View in full here.