Share your love of reading with someone in need this Christmas by donating a new book to the Playford Library service’s Give the Gift of Reading initiative.
Donated books will be collected and distributed by Anglicare SA within their Christmas Hampers.
How to get involved:
- Collect a gift tag from one of our Christmas trees at the Playford Civic Centre or Stretton Centre Libraries
- Purchase a new book for a child, teenager or adult
- Drop it off at the Playford Library with your gift tag filled in to be in the draw to WIN one of three QBD bookstore vouchers
- Books will be donated to Anglicare once the initiative closes on Tuesday, 15 December 2020
- Anglicare will distribute the books to the local community in their Christmas hampers
Donations close on Tuesday, 15 December.
Gift tag donation competition terms and conditions can be located here.
Starting Monday, 30 November we’ll be asking you to share some of your festive decorations with us for the chance to spread some seasonal cheer and possibly win a little retail windfall!
We may have missed Diwali, and it’s a bit early for Chinese New Year, but if you celebrate Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, or another meaningful end of year holiday, we’d love to see photos of your decorations, and find out what your display means to you.
Visit our Facebook page from Monday 30 November for all the details.
Stage 1 of the Stebonheath Road Upgrade project from Curtis Road to Roseworthy Drive is now complete, and the road and pathway are open.
There will be 85 trees planted throughout this area in April – we’re waiting on the tree stock to mature a bit more – and this will really add to the appearance and experience of this area.
Some of our community have already personalised the area, by sharing some hand painted ‘kindness rocks’ that really put a smile on our face.
It’s great to see students already using the track to walk safely to and from schools in Andrews Farm.
This project was funded by the Federal Government’s ‘Roads to Recovery’ program.
The Shedley Theatre team are getting show ready for 2021 and want to celebrate this weekend with the Black Friday Sales.
Starting Friday, 27 November from 9am until midnight Sunday, 29 November the Shedley Theatre is having 25% off selected ticketed shows in 2021.
Discounted shows include:
- The Paris Underground Cabaret
- Margaret Fulton Musical
- Mindblown with Matt Tarrant and Isaac Lomman
- Up, Up & Away
This is a great opportunity to buy a present for a loved one or just treat yourself.