Fremantle Detectives with the assistance of Regional Investigations Unit officers have charged a 16-year-old boy as a result of their investigation into a series of cross district volume crime offences, including robbery, burglary, steal motor vehicle and others that occurred between 6 and 16 October 2019.
It is alleged the youth was involved in the various offences using a white Subaru Forrester that was stolen during a home burglary in Stirling on Sunday, 6 October 2019.
It is alleged on 15 October 2019, the youth was driving the stolen Subaru when it was involved in a collision in Como. Just after 8pm, officers were conducting patrols in the Como area for the stolen Subaru Forester that had been seen in the area.
Officers sighted the vehicle in the driveway on Birdwood Avenue and parked their marked Hilux behind it. As officers exited the Hilux, it is alleged the youth reversed the Subaru Forester at speed, crashing into the rear pod section.
It is further alleged after the crash with the police vehicle, the youth drove the Subaru Forester west on Birdwood Avenue where it crashed with a yellow Lamborghini at the intersection of Bland Street.
The 16-year-old from Willagee has been charged with:-
• Two counts of Aggravated Burglary and Commit;
• Two counts of Steal Motor Vehicle;
• Three counts of Stealing;
• One count each of Driver Fail to Stop – Property Damage;
• Driver Fail to Report an Incident Resulting in Property Damage;
• Dangerous Driving Occasioning Bodily Harm;
• Fail to Stop and Ensure Assistance after incident Occasioning Bodily Injury;
• Fail to Report Incident Resulting in Bodily Harm; and
• No Authority to Drive.
He is due to appear before the Perth Children’s Court on 28 October 2019.