Premier Peter Gutwein needs to explain why three people from an international flight into Tasmania who tested positive for Coronavirus were taken to the Royal Hobart Hospital instead of a medi-hotel - against his own advice.
Shadow Health Minister Sarah Lovell said the Premier had been clear on the protocols for treating any new COVID detections saying just weeks ago that the RHH would not be utilised.
"If we do have a case and it's mild they'll be treated in the quarantine hotel. If it's a more challenging case then we will have a medi hotel we will move them to, not into the Royal."
Peter Gutwein, ABC radio, November 13
"These are legitimate questions the Premier has to answer," Ms Lovell said.
"The Premier was clear that the medi-hotel would be utilised so why was there this change in the protocols for treating COVID patients?
"Additionally, can the Premier explain how the medi-hotel is going to operate and what capabilities does it have in terms of clinical care that will be provided?
"The Premier needs to provide total transparency around management and planning.
"Are quarantine hotel workers being paid the promised wage supplement so they are able to work exclusively at that location rather than going to a second job? If not, when will the supplement be paid?
"Our only defence against a second wave of Coronavirus is the way in which we manage detected cases in any incoming travellers to Tasmania.
"Over the past two days we've been reminded that the virus is still a threat and we've learned of the failings in the government's handling of the North West outbreak. Now is not the time for the government to drop the ball in handling COVID patients."
Sarah Lovell MLC
Shadow Health Minister