Based on the advice of the Chief Health Officer to help mitigate the risk of community transmission of COVID-19, Stage 3 “Stay at Home” restrictions will be reinstated across metropolitan Melbourne from 11:59pm Wednesday 8 July. This advice applies to Bayside.
In line with State Government restrictions, the following Council facilities will close or remain closed from 11.59pm Wednesday 8 July:
- Customer Service Front Counter at Corporate Centre – 76 Royal Avenue Sandringham
- Brighton, Hampton and Beaumaris libraries
- Community halls and facilities including Seniors Centres, Mens Sheds, Peterson Youth Centre and Community Centres
- Playground equipment and skate parks
- Public BBQs and water fountains
- Outdoor sport facilities, except for facilities where people can exercise with no more than one other person or members of your household
- Bayside Gallery
- Community Nursery
As of 11.59pm Wednesday 8 July, there are again only four reasons to leave your home:
- Shopping for food and essential items.
- Care and caregiving.
- Daily exercise.
- Work and study – (if you can’t do it from home).
If you can stay home, you must stay home.
If you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), you should get tested.