The average price of regular unleaded petrol (ULP) is set to increase by over 28 cents per litre (cpl) to 132.2 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers, if they can, to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Wednesday 24 June 2020, most branded retailers are hiking their ULP price: Caltex Woolworths, Coles Express and Caltex hiking by between 39 – 40 cpl up to 141.9 cpl; Puma up to 139.7 cpl; BP up to 138.9 cpl; 7-Eleven up to 137.7 cpl; and Vibe up to 133.7 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Monday and Tuesday and at their most expensive on Wednesday and Thursday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 25 sites selling below 102 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 44 cpl, which means you can save up to $26 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 99.7 cpl at Puma Midvale in the East;
- 99.5 cpl at Vibe Armadale and Vibe Byford in the South; and
- 99.7 cpl at Puma Gnangara, Puma Joondalup, Puma Landsdale, Puma Malaga, Puma Wangara and Puma Wanneroo in the North.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 101.9 cpl at FastFuel 24/7 in the East;
- 97.7 cpl at Costco Perth Airport in the South; and
- 99.9 cpl at United Osborne Park in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au