Rockingham Detectives have charged two girls following an evade police incident in Mandurah District yesterday, 9 February 2021.
Around 1:10am a Land Rover Discovery was stolen during a burglary at a home in East Perth.
At 11:35am the vehicle was sighted by Traffic Enforcement Group officers travelling north on the Kwinana Freeway in Wellard. Officers attempted to stop the vehicle however it will be alleged that the driver failed to stop, continuing through various streets in Bertram and Wellard.
On Irasburg Parade in Wellard the driver lost control and veered into the path of Toyota Kluger that was travelling in the opposite direction. Significant damage was caused to both vehicles during the collision and the Land Rover rolled onto the driver’s side.
The driver of the Kluger was treated at the scene by St John Ambulance for minor injuries. Two girls were arrested at the scene, they were conveyed to Rockingham Hospital for treatment.
A 15 year old girl has been charged with:
– Steal Motor Vehicle and Drive Recklessly
– Driver of a vehicle failed to comply with a direction to stop (circumstance of aggravation)
– No authority to drive (never held)
– Reckless driving to escape pursuit by police
– Dangerous Driving Causing Bodily Harm – in circumstances of aggravation
A 13 year old girl has been charged with:
– Steal Motor Vehicle
They will both appear in the Perth Children’s Court today, 10 February 2021.