As a result of inquiries by Rockingham Detectives, they executed a search warrant at a home in Harrison Street Rockingham on Tuesday, 12 November 2019.
During the search it is alleged police located and seized:-
• Approximately 82 grams of Methylamphetamine;
• Numerous glass smoking implements with trace amounts of Methylamphetamine;
• Numerous plastic smoking pipes containing trace amounts of cannabis;
• A homemade Taser;
• Approximately 1 gram of cannabis; and
• A homemade pipe bomb on a shelf in the living room.
Police bomb technicians attended the address and conducted an x-ray of the pipe bomb where they identified it as a personnel bomb containing gas cylinders, nuts and bolts.
It is further alleged during the search police also located a flask containing ammonium nitrate, which is commonly used in the manufacturing of explosives and two detonators.
A 30-year-old man from Rockingham is due to appear in the Perth Magistrates Court today, 16 November 2019 on the charges of:
• Making or Possession of Explosives under Suspicious Circumstances;
• Possess Prohibited Weapon;
• Possessed any Drug Paraphernalia in or on which there was a Prohibited Drug or Plant;
• Possess a Prohibited Drug (Cannabis); and
• Possessed a Trafficable Quantity of Methylamphetamine with Intent to Sell or Supply it to Another.