If you know a workplace not doing the right thing, you can send us an anonymous tip-off.
We have a simple form you can use to tell us about a workplace not doing the right thing.
You could tell us about a business you know not paying their staff correctly. Or report a workplace that isn’t giving workers all their entitlements, like pay slips or paid leave.
The form lets you:
- stay anonymous
- tell us about a business doing the wrong thing
- help us build our intelligence about workplaces breaking workplace laws
- ensure we target our compliance activities at the right workplaces and industries.
Make an anonymous report now.
Sometimes anonymous tip-offs don’t include enough information, so it’s hard to know where the business is or what rules are being broken.
When you send a tip-off in, we recommend you include:
- business Australian Business Number (ABN) – unique 11 digit number, which should be displayed on pay slips
- workplace address – including where the work is being performed and not just the head office
- franchise status – for example, if the business is part of a franchise
- industry – such as if the business is in the hospitality or retail industry
- employee information – for example, if employees are casuals or permanent.
By including more specific information you help make sure we can use your tip-off the most effectively.
You can send us a tip-off in a language other than English too. Our form is available in 16 languages including:
Send us an anonymous report in your language now.
If there’s an issue at work and you need our direct help, know you can contact us. You can call us or send an online enquiry.
Remember that we also have practical guides to help resolve at an issue at work. They include step-by-step instructions and free resources. Go to:
Our anonymous form is only if you want to send us a tip off. We won’t contact you after you send one in.