The Level Crossings team are getting on with the job of removing the dangerous and congested level crossing at Manchester Road, in addition to building a new Mooroolbark station and multi-deck commuter car park.
Works will be undertaken from 13 July to relocate utilities on Manchester Road. This works alert provides an overview of the construction activities that you may notice from mid-July for a period of four weeks.
- From 13 July there will be daytime single lane closures and reduced speed limits on Manchester Road between Winyard Drive and Mount View Parade.
- Between 13 July and 17 July there will be no left turn from Brice Avenue onto Manchester Road between 7am-6pm.
- Entry to Brice Avenue from Manchester Road will be maintained at all times, along with the right turn from Brice Avenue onto Manchester Road.
- Intermittent temporary closure of up to six car parking spaces on the east side of Manchester Road.
- Non-destructive digging (NDD) trucks within the rail corridor and near the intersection of Sherlock Road and Manchester Road and on Brice Avenue for investigative works.
- Detours and traffic management will be in place to ensure driver and pedestrian safety during this time and access to properties, businesses and footpaths will be maintained.
Mooroolbark Station car park
- Four Kiss’n’Ride car parks outside the station will be temporarily closed for investigative works on Tuesday 14 July.
What to expect
- Works will be carried out from 7am – 6pm Monday to Friday and 7am – 1pm Saturday.
- Some construction noise and activity, with vehicles and workers on site.
- Saw cutting, excavators and vacuum trucks operating in the area.
- Access will be maintained to shops/businesses at all times.
- Impacts to the Kiss’n’Ride commuter parking in Mooroolbark Station car park.
Every effort will be made to complete the works in the time outlined above, however these dates are subject to change.