Bayside Council’s libraries and service centres will remain closed for another week following the State Government’s decision to extend the current lockdown to Friday 16 July 2021.
“We are a resilient and strong community and we can get through this. Please, if you have to go out, wear a face mask, and don’t forget to use the QR code. This is important and helps keep us all safe,” Mayor Joe Awada said.
The NAIDOC Week Flickerfest, scheduled for Saturday 10 July at the Botany Town Hall has been cancelled.
Citizenship ceremonies scheduled for Tuesday 13 July have also been postponed following advice from the Department of Home Affairs.
All candidates will be advised by the Department of Home Affairs and re-allocated to a future date.
Until further notice:
- All Bayside Libraries remain closed
- All library programs and activities are cancelled
- Customer Service Centres at Eastgardens and Rockdale are closed
- Bayside squash courts, the Arncliffe Youth Centre, the Angelo Anestis Aquatic Centre, the Botany Aquatic Centre (already closed for the season) and all are closed
- All games and training on Bayside sporting fields are cancelled
- Senior’s activities in Council facilities have been cancelled
- Youth drop-ins are cancelled
- Bushcare is cancelled
Bayside Council Children Services at Garrigarrang, Hillsdale and Mascot are operating as normal
The Botany Golf Course remains open 7 days. No bookings required but groups are limited to 10 or less.
Council’s open spaces and parks are available for recreational use.
Council’s call centre is operating as usual on 1300 581 299.
Online services are available 24/7 from Council’s website.
- Bayside Library eResources
- Beamafilm (movie streaming)
- Council Online Services
- Contact Council
- Community Resources
- Parks and Playgrounds
- NSW Health COVID-19