Australia’s NBN disruptors take on the mobile industry
MEDIA FACT SHEET
27 November 2019
MATE is well known for changing the tone of the conversation in the NBN space. Their home-grown, Australian-focused, customer-service approach has already turned the telecommunications industry on its head and won over customers and critics alike. Now, the team at MATE are turning their attention to the mobile phone industry.
MATE will be offering some of the market’s lowest mobile rates, no contracts (ever), as well as adding unlimited national calls, unlimited international calls to 15 different countries and databanking*. In addition, when a plan is bundled with MATE’s award winning NBN packages, customers can receive an additional saving of up to $10 per month.
MATE is firmly committed to their customers and bringing a bit more ‘Aussie mateship’ to the Australian telecommunications industry. There’s no doubt that the addition of mobile services to MATE’s multi-award winning NBN services will have other telco companies sitting up and taking notice.
· MATE was conceptualised in March 2015, as an answer to a gap in the NBN roll out market.
· MATE has experienced rapid growth, growing from 1,214 customers and $579,000 revenue in 2016 to 35,756 customers and $30 million in revenue in 2018.
· MATE has been awarded seven industry awards since 2017, with customers and critics being blown away by their unique approach to providing telecommunications services.
· MATE provides low-cost internet services such as NBN + ADSL and mobile services*
· MATE’s newest offering is the incredibly affordable NBN + mobile bundles.
*New* Mobile Rates
· MATE’s new, lower cost standalone mobile plans put it on the leading edge of Australian mobile plans.
· Highly competitive pricing:
· Good Mates – 5GB data, $20;
· Better Mates – 15GB data, $25;
· Great Mates – 25GB data, $30; and
· Best Mates – 30GB data, $35.
· Soul Mates – 40GB data, $40 (available December 2019)
· Other features include:
· Unlimited calls to standard national numbers;
· Unlimited SMS and MMS to standard Aussie numbers;
· *Databanking, so any unused data is stored for future use for as long as customers stay with their plan or upgrade to a new plan (available in December);
· Unlimited international calls to 15 countries on all plans except $20 Good Mates (available in December and incl. China, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, United Kingdom, USA and Vietnam); and
· MATE uses part of the Telstra Mobile Network that covers more than 98.8% of the population with 3G and 97% of the population with 4G
NBN + Mobile Bundles
MATE is giving their customers the opportunity to purchase one of the lowest cost NBN plans on the market, by offering NBN + mobile bundles.
· Customers can bundle a SIM-only plan with an NBN plan for $10 off their NBN service for the life of the plan
· Customers get MATE’s incredible services at a price that is one of the most affordable in the market, while still retaining the best network partners and first-class customer service.
MATE supports their customers by:
· Providing easy-to-use products that consumers want and need, whilst backing this up with the value and service they deserve.
· Being the customer’s ‘mate on the ground’ to help them navigate their NBN and mobile choices.
· Bundling products and services to ensure its customers are getting the best services at the best prices.
· Second at Deloitte Technology Fast 50, November 2018, for 3,703% revenue growth in the last three years.
· 2019 Top10 Dynamic Entrepreneurs Award, honouring David Fazio, co-founder of MATE; and
MATE’s goal is to offer as many services as possible on one bill to make managing spending easier and to offer peace of mind.
MATE wants to put the control back into the customers’ hands. By offering these services and placing them all on one bill, MATE is giving its customers the opportunity to drive their own telecommunications services, so they get the services they want at a price they love.