Hawkesbury City Council is inviting community members to view and comment on Council’s Draft 2021/2022 Operational Plan, which is on public exhibition until Friday, 21 May 2021.
The Draft 2021/2022 Operational Plan has been developed to outline the proposed projects, programs and activities for 2021/2022. It also includes information about rates, fees and charges and estimated income and expenditure.
Some of the highlights of the Draft Operational Plan include:
- $57 million will be spent on local roads
- $30 million on landfill, sewer and waste collection
- $16 million to spend in our community at the Library, Gallery and Museum on events, programs and supporting emergency services
- $13 million to be spent on parks, playing fields, pools and cemeteries.
Council welcomes comments from community members on the Draft Plan, the Mayor of Hawkesbury, Councillor Patrick Conolly said.
“Now is your chance to have a say on the key services, projects, initiatives and actions Council has planned for 2021/2022,” the Mayor said.
“We encourage as many people as possible to take some time to find out about Council’s budget and the projects planned for the year ahead.
“We value your feedback, and all submissions will be considered as part of the Draft Operational Plan consultation process. However you choose to make a submission, whether by mail, email or online, we want to ensure that everyone has the chance to comment before the closing date on Friday, 21 May 2021,” he said.
A copy of the Draft 2021/2022 Operational Plan can be viewed at:
- Council’s website at hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au via the Have Your Say tab or the direct link at yourhawkesbury-yoursay.com.au
- Council’s Administration Building, 366 George Street, Windsor, Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm
- Richmond Branch Library, 29 West Market Street, Richmond, Monday to Friday from 9:30am to 6pm and Saturday from 9am to 1pm
- Hawkesbury Central Library, 300 George Street, Windsor, Monday to Friday from 9am to 7pm, Saturday 9am to 1pm and Sunday 2pm to 5pm.
Council will receive submissions in writing via yourhawkesbury-yoursay.com.au