Update 4pm Wednesday 21 September
The Bureau of Meteorology issed Flood Watch number 5 at 10:48 am EST on Wednesday 21 September 2022 saying Minor flooding is possible in the Macleay River.
RENEWED FLOODING POSSIBLE FOR PARTS OF THE NEW SOUTH WALES INLAND RIVERS FROM LATE WEDNESDAY FLOODING POSSIBLE IN PARTS OF THE MID NORTH COAST, HUNTER AND UPPER COLO RIVERS FROM THURSDAY.
For up to date information check the Bureau’s Flood Warnings Summary page.
Stuarts Point pumping
• The current forecast indicates a reasonable probability of pumping activities being required.
• A water and sewer staff member will be at the Stuarts Point water plant each day checking on site conditions and local rainfall.
• All available pumps have been moved to the Stuarts Point water treatment plant.
• All hoses have been loaded onto trucks ready for deployment should they be needed.
• Staff are on standby to establish and run the pumps.
The level at Bore 1 is currently FALLING and measured 4.310m AHD at 4pm
The March 2021 peak was 5.42m AHD.
The March / April 2022 peak was 5.57m AHD.
Council staff and emergency services are monitoring the situation on the ground and through groundwater level monitors.
Residents should monitor conditions at their own properties and act accordingly.
Readings taken at 4pm Wednesday 21 September 2022
How to read this diagram
The diagram shows the groundwater level for the past 30 days. The three graphs essentially present the same data but each with relation to a different reference point (or datum).
- The blue graph shows the depth of water below the Mount Point, which is where the laser that takes the reading is mounted.
- The red graph shows the height of the water above the Australian Height Datum (AHD) which is the official height metric based on the average of sea levels from 1966-68.
- The green graph shows the depth of the water below ground level at the location of the meter.
What should you do?
Please do not drive, ride, walk or play in floodwater or surface water as it may pose a health risk.
If groundwater is covering household septic tanks, please minimise use of water in your homes, especially showers and toilets.