Passengers from growing communities south of Geelong will soon reap the full benefits of upgrades to Waurn Ponds Station, including more trains.
The station’s new second platform, pedestrian overpass, ramps, lifts and stairs will be open to passengers when trains return to the line on May 29, with 20 additional peak and shoulder peak services to be extended to and from Waurn Ponds Station each week, with 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening on weekdays.
To celebrate, we’re holding a community event at Waurn Ponds Station on Sunday 29 May from 10am to 1pm to celebrate the completion of the Waurn Ponds Station upgrade, including the opening of the new second platform and pedestrian overpass.
Come and check out the completed station at a free, family fun day featuring:
- sausage sizzle, ice cream truck and coffee – plenty of cookies and lollies to go around as well
- smoking ceremony and Didgeridoo performance and live music
- animal petting farm
- Melbourne Renegades hosting a kids cricket program
- Deakin Uni with a fun bridge-making activity
- face painting and balloon animals
- painting of ceramic trains.