Camden has decked its streets full of joy, with Council announcing the best Christmas light displays in the area.
The annual Council Christmas Lights Competition invited residents to enter their dazzling displays to go into the running to win a share of $1,200 in gift cards.
Winners for the four categories this year include:
- Best Lit House Winner – Rochester Street, Gregory Hills;
- Best Lit House Runner Up – Swansona Avenue, Mount Annan;
- Best Novelty Display Winner – Donahue Circuit, Harrington Park;
- Best Novelty Display Runner Up – Jenolan Circuit, Harrington Park;
- Best Commercial / Non-Residential Winner – Macarthur Automotive Service;
- Best Commercial / Non-Residential Runner Up – Catherine Field Rural Fire Brigade;
- Best Street Winner – Walseley Crescent, Gledswood Hills; and
- Best Street Runner Up – Swansona Avenue, Mount Annan tied with The Rapids, Mount Annan.
Mayor of Camden, Cr Therese Fedeli, said the number of amazing displays across Camden has lit up the region.
“Christmas is such a beautiful time of year, and it is beautiful to see so many of our residents get into the Christmas spirit and decorate their homes,” Cr Fedeli said.
“Our judges truly had a difficult time deciding who our winners were this year which is testament to the effort our entrants put into their displays.
“I would like to congratulate all of our winners and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year.”
To see more images of the incredible local displays, click here to view our post on Facebook.