Are you having trouble paying your energy bills?
Do you want to lower your energy costs?
Are you interested in making your home warmer in winter or cooler in summer?
The Brotherhood of St. Laurence, Uniting and the Australian Energy Foundation have launched a FREE service – the Energy Assistance Program – designed to help eligible Victorians save on their electricity and gas bills. This service is independent of energy companies and supported by the Victorian Government.
The program can assist you with energy issues, including switching you to a cheaper energy offer. Unlike other services it’s independent and free. It’s more than helpful advice.
We offer a personalised phone or video service to help you take steps towards lowering your bills.
This free service is available from 1 September 2020 to 31 August 2021 and is available to the first 3,000 households who meet the eligibility criteria.
If you have any family or friends who might need assistance, they can also contact us. Interpreter services are also available – please let us know if you need one when you contact us.
- Visit the website bsl.org.au/energy-assist
- or call toll free on 1800 830 029
We can help you to:
- Find a cheaper energy offer – this could save you hundreds
- Ensure you are receiving the energy concessions you are entitled to – to help lower your energy bills
- Get help from your retailer if you are struggling to pay your energy bill or get help fixing a billing error
- Access a utility relief grant or develop a payment plan with your retailer
- Improve the energy efficiency of your home
- Access the $250 Power Saving Bonus if you’re eligible (available from February 2021).
You are eligible if you meet any one of these criteria:
- You are experiencing hardship as a result of COVID-19
- You have received JobSeeker or JobKeeper
- You have an energy concession or are eligible for one
- You are experiencing energy-related hardship
- You have a health condition or disability
- You have trouble paying or understanding your bills
- You are receiving a Commonwealth Home Support Package (levels 1 to 4).
If you are unsure and in need of assistance, please call 1800 830 029.