Mitchell Shire’s most used main street footpaths have been given a face lift as the community slowly begins returning to town centres and some community buildings.
Council’s newly implemented annual footpath deep cleansing program aims to keep towns safe and hygienic, boost the appearance of shopping precincts, remove grit, grime, stains and chewing gum, and to continue to provide the highest of maintenance standards.
The main streets which were part of the project are:
- Station Street, Seymour – Anzac Ave to Crawford St (Shop Side)
- Station Street, Seymour – Anzac Ave to Crawford St (Railway Side)
- Sydney Street, Kilmore – Bourke St to Mitchell St (West Side)
- Sydney Street, Kilmore – Bourke St to Mitchell St (East Side)
- Bourke Street, Kilmore – Sydney St to Patrick St
- High Street, Broadford – VicRoads – Hamilton St to Murchison St
- Powlett Street, Broadford – Gavan St to High St
- Epping Kilmore Road, Wandong
The project was carried out on Council-managed paths.
The cleansing program was conducted as part of night works recently. Part of this process was to give the pavement a high-pressure hot water wash from a truck which uses a 50-metre mounted hose.
All high jetting pressure is contained to the hose and to ensure no risk to any community members, shop fronts or parked vehicles.