- Applications now open for Busselton Water’s 2023 Community Partnership Program
- Program supports local grassroots projects in need of help
Applications to Busselton Water’s Community Partnership Program are now open.
The program offers grants to boost or kick-start local initiatives and is open to volunteer groups, not-for-profit community organisations, social enterprises, clubs and schools within the Busselton Water service area.
Groups with particular interest in projects focused on water use efficiency and quality, environmental sustainability, educational opportunities, community based-activities, innovation and leadership are encouraged to apply.
In 2022, four local groups received funding including:
- Busselton Football Club for a new drinking fountain;
- Vasse Primary School to support the upgrade of the Playground and Nature Scape;
- Busselton Men’s Shed for a new drinking fountain; and
- Disabled Surfers Association South West for its Let’s Go Surfing days.
The program is administered by Busselton Water. Successful projects must be implemented between May 2023 and April 2024.
For more information, or to apply, visit https://www.busseltonwater.wa.gov.au/. Applications close 31 March 2023.
As stated by Water Minister Simone McGurk:
“Over the past six years, this program has supported over 30 local groups and invested more than $80,000 of support at the grassroots level where it’s most valuable.
“The grants on offer will not only support the people involved in the groups but also the wider community to build a brighter future.
“This is a valuable resource for the community and a great initiative of Busselton Water – I strongly encourage all local organisations to consider applying.”