Eligible Baw Baw Shire residents can now book their COVID-19 vaccination over the phone or online.
Book your appointment at the COVID-19 vaccination centre at The Goods Shed, Warragul (in the Warragul Railway Station car park), or at a participating GP clinic.
The following people are now eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine:
- All adults aged 40 and over
- Anyone aged 16 and over with an underlying medical condition or disability
- All Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 16 and over
- NDIS participants aged 16 and over
- Carers of NDIS participants of any age
- Health care workers
- Aged care and disability care residents and staff
- Critical and high-risk workers including defence, police, fire, emergency services and meat processing.
Residents are encouraged to check their eligibility at www.health.gov.au. This website also lists GP clinics offering the COVID-19 vaccine.
To book a vaccination at the COVID-19 vaccination centre now operating at The Goods Shed, Warragul:
- Call the Department of Health Vaccination Hotline on 1800 675 398 or
- Visit portal.cvms.vic.gov.au
The vaccination centre is open on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 9am to 3.30pm.
Quotes attributable to Mayor Cr Danny Goss
“I am encouraging everyone who is eligible to get online and book their appointment. We need to try to ensure everyone in Baw Baw can move past the disruptions of the last 15 months and enjoy a more certain future without lockdowns.”
Quotes attributable to West Gippsland Healthcare Group CEO Dan Weeks
“Having your COVID-19 vaccination makes it much less likely you will catch COVID-19, and means you are unlikely to pass it on to others. You are 80 per cent less likely to be hospitalised if you do become ill with COVID-19.
“Getting vaccinated gives greater protection to our elderly, our frontline workers, and our immunocompromised family, friends and colleagues.”