Many residents are seeking to support those affected by the ongoing bushfire emergency, particularly through donations, and are eager to ensure they help those most in need.
Mosman Mayor Carolyn Corrigan said Council is committed to supporting bushfire recovery efforts and is encouraging residents to donate to organisations which are helping fire-affected communities.
“I encourage Mosman residents and businesses to donate whatever amount they can to help this important cause supporting our regional neighbours during this devastating time,” Cr Corrigan said.
“Our recent Christmas Gift Appeal, in partnership with Selina Win Pe’s Will of Courage foundation, saw more than 850 gifts distributed to drought-affected areas and now we can provide much-needed support to communities afflicted by bushfires.”
“Council will also be considering additional measures to provide assistance to those affected by the bushfires at its February meeting”.
The following charities are assisting bushfire affected communities and donations are tax deductible:
- Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery – https://www.redcross.org.au/campaigns/disaster-relief-and-recovery-donate#donate
- St Vincent de Paul Society – https://www.vinnies.org.au/
- Salvation Army Disaster Appeal – https://www.salvationarmy.org.au/donate/make-a-donation/donate-online/?appeal=disasterappeal
- New South Wales Rural Fire Service – https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/volunteer/support-your-local-brigade
- Foodbank NSW Natural Disaster Relief (for the donation of goods and services) – https://www.foodbank.org.au/natural-disaster-relief/?state=nsw-act
- RSPCA NSW Bushfire Appeal – https://www.rspcansw.org.au/bushfire-appeal/
- WIRES NSW Wildlife Information, Rescue and Education Service – https://www.wires.org.au/
- Taronga Zoo Wildlife Crisis Appeal – https://zooshop.taronga.org.au/appeal/wildlife-crisis-appeal-1