New warehouse on way for Western Sydney

A new warehouse in Western Sydney will provide nearly 1,000 new jobs close to where people live and fund the ongoing improvement and management of the Western Sydney Parklands.

The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment’s Executive Director of Regions, Industry and Key Sites Anthea Sargeant said the NSW Government has granted planning approval for a new warehouse and distribution centre at the Horsley Drive Business Park in Wetherill Park.

“This approval is a huge win for the people of Western Sydney with the creation of 950 new jobs and revenue going straight into the Parklands,” Ms Sargeant said.

“Horsley Drive Business Park is one of nine existing or upcoming business parks located on the periphery of the Western Sydney Parklands that together make up 2% of the Parklands to fund the remaining 98%.

“By activating vacant land with low recreational and ecological value, we can create, improve and manage new recreation facilities and cycling and walking tracks, regenerate bushland and improve wildlife movement across Western Sydney.”

Coles will be the latest to move into the Horsley Drive Business Park, joining Martin Brower, Nick Scali, Royal Comfort Bedding, Survitec Group and Vivin Imports with construction set to begin in September.

The warehouse has been approved under the NSW Government’s fast-tracked assessment program, aimed at keeping the economy moving and people in jobs in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.

This program has created opportunities for thousands of new jobs and injected billions of dollars into the NSW economy.

/Public Release. This material comes from the originating organization/author(s)and may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length. The views and opinions expressed are those of the author(s).View in full here.