PLEASE NOTE: An image of the seized cocaine will be available on NSWPF social pages
A man has been charged following the seizure of nearly $1 million worth of cocaine in the state’s south earlier this year.
As part of joint investigations into large-scale drug supply in the Queanbeyan and Canberra region, officers from the Southern Region Enforcement Squad and ACT Policing executed a search warrant at a storage complex on Aurora Avenue, Queanbeyan, on Friday 3 April 2020.
During the search, officers located and seized more than 2kg of cocaine, which has an estimated potential street value of $900,000.
A large amount of a drug cutting agent, later identified as caffeine and Inositol, and drug paraphernalia was also seized.
Strike Force Rogal was established by investigators from the Southern Region Enforcement Squad to investigate the seizure.
Following extensive inquiries, a 28-year-old man was arrested at Queanbeyan Police Station about 8am today (Friday 30 October 2020).
The Goulburn man was charged with supplying a large commercial quantity of cocaine.
He was refused bail to appear in Queanbeyan Local Court today.
Southern Region Enforcement Squad Commander, Detective Chief Inspector Joe Thone, said police will not tolerate criminal behaviour or activity.
“We are sending a clear warning to anyone who is thinking about engaging in the supply of illicit drugs,” Detective Chief Inspector Thone said.
“There are a number of ongoing investigations into criminal activity in Southern NSW, and we are leaving no stone unturned.
“We will continue to target those engaging in the supply of illicit drugs, and rest assured anyone who engages in these activities will face the full brunt of the law.”
Inquiries are continuing.