Northern Territory Police have arrested a 30-year-old man for drug and firearm offences.
During the afternoon of Wednesday 1 July, police apprehended the man in possession of 1.8 kilograms of cannabis.
Police later conducted a search warrant of the man’s residence, where they located further cannabis, a loaded sawn-off .22 rifle, ammunition, and evidence of drug supply.
The man was taken into custody and conveyed to the Darwin Watch House where he was charged and refused bail.
He was charged with:
- supply schedule 2 dangerous drug – commercial quantity
- possess schedule 2 dangerous drug – commercial quantity
- possess schedule 2 dangerous drug – less than traffickable quantity
- possess/use prohibited firearm
- fail to comply with storage requirements
- supply schedule 1 dangerous drug – less than commercial quantity
- possess ammunition without licence
- possess fireworks outside if approved period
The man was remanded in custody and will appear in court at a later date.