Structure Fire in Katherine 25 June

Northern Territory Police, Fire and Emergency services responded to structure fire in Katherine last night.

At approximately 8:10pm, Police received reports of a residence on fire on Callistemon Drive. Members forced entry into the property as smoke was observed coming from within.

Police located and removed a 47-year-old man from inside the residence. A stove that had been left on was identified as the cause of the smoke.

St John Ambulance attended and treated the man for smoke inhalation.

Superintendent Craig Garland said, “I would like to commend all members involved as this was a fantastic result for an incident that could have very easily ended in tragedy. It is also a timely reminder to ensure that you check your smoke alarms regularly and double check all appliances are switched off after use.”

PFES Media
/Public Release. This material comes from the originating organization and may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length. View in full here.