Northern Territory Police were very pleased with the behaviour of spectators at the V8 supercars on the weekend.
Of the 38,000 people that came through the gates over three days, there was just a handful of incidents that required police attention:
- One general disturbance
- One arrest (for breach of bail)
- One spectator ejected from event
- Five youths attempting to enter without valid tickets
- One person taken into protective custody
- One infringement issued
- One minor carpark collision
Acting Superintendent David Richardson it was a great event, with all the action taking place on the track, and thanked racegoers for their cooperation.
“It’s been one of the biggest events we’ve had in well over a year and it was fantastic to see everyone enjoying themselves in a safe way.”