Expert contributions to our work

The purpose of our team is to get expert insight into policy. We’ve been reviewing our projects recently and wanted to share some of the highlights.

Since January 2019:

  • More than 1,200 academics and other experts have contributed to our policy work
  • We’ve delivered more than 70 policy projects for customers across government
  • Expert contributors have come from more than 600 organisations
  • 13% of expert contributions have been made by academics from our partner universities – Brunel, Essex, Lancaster and York – with the remaining 87% coming from other organisations in the UK and overseas
  • Academics from UCL (5.1%), Lancaster (4.6%), Oxford (4.2%) and Cambridge (3.8%) account for the greatest number of contributions
  • Of non-UK institutions contributing to our work, Harvard is the most frequent
Pie chart showing split of universities involved

Breakdown of expert contributions by organisation, 2019-22

Thanks again to all the experts who’ve contributed to our work over the past few years. The great feedback we receive from colleagues and the growing number of customers we have across government show how valuable your input is.

/Public Release. This material from the originating organization/author(s) may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length. The views and opinions expressed are those of the author(s).View in full here.