The Greater Bendigo City Council’s 2019/2020 proposed Budget will fund key projects in rural areas of Greater Bendigo to benefit the community. The proposed Budget includes:
- Completion of drainage works at west Marong
- A new early years hub as part of the Huntly Early Learning Centre
- Works to improve flooring and staffing areas at kindergartens in Axedale, Elmore and Heathcote
- Dog park in Heathcote (location not yet decided)
- Sealing a section of the Heathcote-North Costerfield Road, west of Heathcote-Nagambie Road
- Reconstruction and widening of Lockington Road, north of Elmore-Raywood Road
- Extension of road seal along O’Briens Lane in Longlea, up to Hawkins Lane
- Footpath construction along Calder Highway at Maiden Gully
- Renewal of kitchens at Goornong Memorial Hall and Longlea Lane old school building
- Improvement to change room and umpire facilities at Strauch Reserve, Huntly and Malone Park, Marong
- Minor works on the O’Keefe Rail Trail
- Progress plans for Marong, Heathcote and Maiden Gully
- $3M in gravel road resheeting across the municipality
- Continuation of the Dust Suppressant Program
Mayor Cr Margaret O’Rourke said the proposed Budget had a variety of important projects to benefit rural communities.
“A new early years hub at Huntly Early Learning Centre has been included in response to the growing communities settling in the Greater Bendigo’s northern corridor, and Marong’s residential growth requires us to keep up with appropriate supporting drainage infrastructure to ensure residential development is able to continue,” Cr O’Rourke said.
“The location of a new dog park in Heathcote is yet to be decided, but it will provide a great new space for owners and their dogs to enjoy and add a new feature to an already vibrant town setting.”
Submissions to the proposed 2019/2020 proposed Budget are to be submitted by completing an online form at www.bendigo.vic.gov.au/budget no later than 5pm on Friday May 17, 2019. Residents may elect to have their submission heard by Council at a meeting to be held on Wednesday May 22, 2019 at 5.30pm at the main office, 195 Lyttleton Terrace, Bendigo.