The State Planning Commission has released the draft Planning and Design Code (Code) for public consultation on Tuesday 1 October 2019.
It will affect every property.
This Planning and Design Code will replace the current Development Plans that Councils and Planning Authorities use to assess development applications and guide development.
The City of Salisbury advises you to investigate the implications for your land and make your submissions to the State Planning Commission.
Consultation for both Phase Two (Rural) and Phase Three (Urban) council areas will commence at the same time in order to provide councils and community with a view of the whole Code, however it is important to note that there are different end dates:
- Phase 2 (Rural): 1 October 2019 to 29 November 2019
- Phase 3 (Urban): 1 October 2019 to 28 February 2020
Community, business and council engagement activities will occur throughout the consultation period, commencing with rural areas in October and moving onto metropolitan and greater Adelaide areas in November. An engagement plan is now available on the SA Planning Portal. A number of supporting materials have been produced to help navigate and review the draft Code, including:
- Code packages specific to each council area
- Common Development Assessment example scenarios
- A detailed guide on the code for practitioners
- Community materials including a plain English guide, fact sheets and FAQs
- An electronic submission form.
Throughout consultation if there are other materials that would assist please let the Planning Reform Team know.
From 1 October you will be able to access a copy of the Code, supporting information, an event calendar and an online submission form from the SA Planning Portal.