The Clearinghouse for Sport has completed a major update of its website to further enhance its value to the Australian sporting sector.
The Clearinghouse is the information and knowledge sharing platform for Australian sport, bringing together the country’s leading sport and active recreation agencies to share news, evidence and insights about sport, human performance, and physical activity.
Sport Australia is the principal information coordination point of the Clearinghouse, and has led the website upgrade which offers:
- improved user experience
- improved navigation and search function
- updated content and removal of outdated material.
The Clearinghouse offers members access to high quality information on sport, physical activity and active recreation and acquires information of relevance to the Australian sport and active recreation sectors.
It informs Australian athletes, coaches, physical educators, scientists, medical providers, researchers, administrators, students, facility managers, policy makers, volunteers, and sporting officials about good and promising practice in sport and active recreation. It also provides Australian governments at all levels with comprehensive and policy-relevant analysis of research.
The Clearinghouse’s 25,000 members performed more than 1.1 million information transactions on the platform in 2019-20. Usage numbers have increased this year with coaches and administrators taking the opportunity during a pause in play due to COVID-19 to research key topics.
Access to the Clearinghouse for Sport is free to registered members, who are automatically subscribed to the Daily Sports News. This daily current awareness service covers Australian and international news, events, major announcements, latest research and analysis in sport.
The Clearinghouse for Sport thanks its partners for their continued support:
Government organisations and the National Institute Network
- The Australian Sports Commission (Sport Australia and the Australian Institute of Sport)
- ACT Government
- NSW Office of Sport
- Northern Territory Government
- Queensland Government
- Government of South Australia
- Tasmanian Government
- Government of Western Australia
- ACT Academy of Sport
- NSW Institute of Sport
- Northern Territory Institute of Sport
- Queensland Academy of Sport
- South Australian Sports Institute
- Tasmanian Institute of Sport
- Victorian Institute of Sport
- Western Australian Institute of Sport
Australian peak bodies and sports organisations
- Commonwealth Games Australia
- Australian Olympic Committee
- Paralympics Australia
- Australian Sports Foundation
- Parks and Leisure Australia
- Sport Australia Hall of Fame
- Oceania Sport Information Centre
- Sport New Zealand