NAIDOC Week celebrations are held across Australia each year to celebrate the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
NAIDOC is celebrated not only in Indigenous communities, but by Australians from all walks of life. The week is a great opportunity to participate in a range of community activities and to support our local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
This year’s theme: Always Was, Always Will Be encourages the community to explore, learn about and appreciate the wealth and breadth of Indigenous Nations, languages and knowledge of our continent.
Many public events which would normally take place during NAIDOC Week are not able to be held this year due to COVID-19 restrictions. View the calendar of events to see if there are any events near you.
If you are unable to attend an event, you can get involved by:
- Completing CFA’s Inclusion Training Indigenous Module on The Learning Hub
- Watch ABC’s ‘You can’t ask that’ Indigenous episode on ABC iView
- View CFA’s Koori Inclusion Action Plan website
- Acknowledge the week at your meetings and undertake an ongoing commitment to acknowledging country at the start of meetings
- Refresh your familiarisation with the CFA Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Engagement Guidelines and the NAIDOC Week website
- Show your support by posting on social media
- View more ways to get involved on the NAIDOC Week website
NAIDOC Week logos and resources are available from the NAIDOC Week website