A man has been charged following an investigation into historic sexual assault offences in the Lake Macquarie region.
In January 2020, detectives from Lake Macquarie Police District established Strike Force Glenwarrie to investigate allegations of historic sexual and indecent assault offences against two juvenile boys in the 1990s.
Following extensive inquiries, detectives attended a facility at Silverwater and arrested a 62-year-old man about 11am today (Monday 15 June 2020).
He has since been charged with 15 offences including:
- Aggravated indecent assault – victim under the age of 16 years (x5)
- Commit act of indecency with person under 16 years
- Aggravated indecency – victim under 16 & under authority offender
- Aggravated sexual assault – victim under the age of 16 years (x5)
- Cause child under 14 to participate in child prostitution (x3)
Police will allege the man sexually and indecently assaulted two juvenile boys known to him on separate occasions in the 1990s at locations in Lake Macquarie and on the Mid North Coast.
The man was refused bail to appear at Newcastle Local Court via AVL tomorrow (Tuesday 16 June 2020).
Investigations under Strike Force Glenwarrie are continuing.