Over $270,000 of grant funding becomes available tomorrow through the NT Health 2020-21 Alcohol and Other Drugs Youth Grants Program.
All Northern Territory based community groups, non-government organisations, local councils, sole traders and partnerships are eligible to apply for grants of up to $20,000.
The grants are to support community projects and initiatives that are aimed at preventing youth substance misuse in the Northern Territory.
Grants can be used for projects and activities including:
- Awareness and education projects for young people that promote healthy choices and activities;
- Community connectedness initiatives to reduce instances of social isolation. Projects that aim to reduce the harms associated with the use of Alcohol and Other Drugs;
- Sporting, cultural and community events that enhance young people’s level of connectedness that builds resilience;
- Activities that support young people to develop skills and learn; and
- Projects that reduce the harms associated with Alcohol and Other Drugs by promoting initiatives that increase resilience in young people.
Applications for the grants close at 3.00pm on Friday 27 November 2020. Successful applicants are expected to be announced by late December 2020.