TheTerritory Labor Governments investment in the school holiday programs will seeover 250 activities occurring throughout the Territory in the upcoming schoolholidays (28 Sept -13 Oct).
The October school holiday program providesyoung Territorians with a great opportunity to experience new sports, getcreative through art and craft activities, and go on excursions.
Highlights of the October school holidayprogram:
- Darwin has more than 60 diverse and engagingactivities including a huge pool party involving NGOs, sporting organisers andaround 500 young people. The Shak will be open late every Friday, finishingwith a late night disco and Palmerston and Regional Basketball Association willbe hitting the streets with Streetball.
- Palmerston has more than 50 activities including youthdrop-in sports, art, dance and cultural activities, breakfasts at the YMCA,Young Mulligas and Cudgeries and excursions to the Wave Pool.
- Alice Springs has more than 60 activities including Geek inResidence, the Alice Springs Town Councils special Birthday Splash Bash, rockclimbing, basketball tournament at the YMCA, movie night at the cinema andtable tennis, music, arts and crafts at the GAP and Brown St drop-in centres.
- Tennant Creek has 25 events and activities including arts andcraft, sports, cooking class, pool days, excursions, movie nights and funactivities and events at the Youth Drop In.
- Katherine has more than 35 activities including discos,movie day, Muay Thai, pool day and water play, arts and crafts and more.
- East Arnhem is incorporating 10 community hubs this schoolholidays. Activities will include youth wellbeing camps and hip-hop danceworkshops.
Most events or activities are free. Visit the website www.youth.nt.gov.au