A man has been charged with drug and firearm offences following a vehicle stop in Picton today.
About 1.15pm (Monday 22 June 2020), officer’s attached to Camden Police Area Command’s Proactive Crime Team were travelling north on Remembrance Drive, Picton, when they observed a rental Pantech truck travelling in the opposite direction.
Officers stopped the truck and spoke with the driver – a 37-year-old man. Officers then searched the vehicle where they allegedly found a loaded shotgun, a revolver, more than $5,000 in cash, a small amount of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia.
The driver was arrested and taken to Narellan Police Station where he was charged with:
- Possess unauthorised firearm, possess unauthorised pistol, possess unregistered firearm
- Possess loaded firearm in public place
- Possess ammunition without holding licence (x2)
- Drug possession and drug supply, and
- Deal with proceeds of crime
He was refused bail and will appear in Campbelltown Local Court tomorrow (Tuesday 23 June 2020).