Twenty evacuated from Hungry Jack’s Traralgon

A fire erupted at Hungry Jacks in Traralgon around 7pm last night, which has seen 20 people evacuated.

Twenty evacuated from Hungry Jack's Traralgon

The CFA Aerial Unit at Hungry Jacks last night. [Photo: Latrobe Valley Express]

Upon arrival at the Hungry Jack’s in Argyle Street, CFA crews found smoke pouring through the drive-through window of the fast food restaurant. The smoke was led through the exhaust system and quickly spread through the ceiling of the building.

Of the 20 people successfully evacuated, only one suffered minor smoke inhalation and received medical treatment. The blaze began in a deep fryer and spread mostly through the kitchen, with seven vehicles responding to the incident. An aerial watering unit was used and ensured no neighbouring homes were put at risk.

Within an hour of responding, CFA crews had brought the fire under control, however it has left significant damage to the building – including the ceiling and parts of the kitchen.

/CFA News Release. View in full here.