Gerd Nilsen becomes a new business representative on the board of UiO:Life Science from June 1. Gerd works as Senior Project Manager in Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Gerd holds a degree in civil engineering in biotechnology, and a doctorate in biology from UiT, as well as an MBA from Nord University.
During the last fifteen years, she has worked with commercialization of biotech companies, first in Biotec Pharmacon in Tromsø (now ArcticZymes Technologies) and the last two years in Thermo Fisher Scientific in Oslo.
She replaces Agnete Fredriksen, President & CSO i Vaccibody AS.
From June 1, the board of UiO:Life Science consists of the following members
- Chairperson of the board Øyvind Fylling-Jensen, CEO Nofima
- Business representative Gerd Nilsen, Senior Project Manager in Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Member from the Faculty of Medicine
- Pro-Dean Jens Petter Berg
- deputy Vice-Dean Hilde Nebb
- Member from the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- Pro-Dean Solveig Kristensen
- deputy Head of Department Rein Aasland
- Member from the Faculty of Humanities
- Professor Helge Jordheim
- deputy Pro-Dean Mathilde Skoie
- Member from the Faculty of Social Sciences
- Dean Anne Julie Semb
- deputy Associate Professor Tor Endestad
- Member from Oslo University Hospital
- Professor Tom Hemming Karlsen
- deputy Professor Lars Eide
- Student representatives
- Student medicine and natural sciences Kari Anne Andersen
- Student humanities and social sciences Axel Klanderud
- deputy Vebjørn Andersson
- deputy Linnea Alexandra Barberini
- A representative for temporary employees is not in place yet.