Brimbank Council is excited to announce a Neighbourhood House program called Brimbank Live where young people will co-host live and pre-recorded radio shows for broadcasting on global online radio station LIVE FM during Brimbank Live Week, from 6-10 July 2020.
Brimbank Mayor, Cr Georgina Papafotiou said the program provided a unique opportunity for young people to learn the breadth of skills required to work in commercial radio and to share their stories.
‘There are 13 young people from diverse backgrounds involved in the program, and they are being trained in how to host and produce radio content, techniques to interview guests, scriptwriting and production of voiceovers, as well as how to pitch and promote programs to target audiences.
‘Participants will produce a minimum of 30 hours of live and pre-recorded content during Brimbank Live Week, and they’re guaranteed to have lots of fun in the process,’ Cr Papafotiou said.
Program participant, Adongwot Manyoul, said: ‘The Brimbank Live Radio project has been a fantastic opportunity to build my media skills as well as giving me a platform to produce stories that matter to me, to my community, and to the world at large.’
The program content focuses on the Brimbank region and includes the following topics, delivered from young people’s perspectives and in a style accessible to both young people and broader audiences:
- Stories about high achievers across fields.
- Showcases the arts; music, art, performing arts.
- Community sport.
- Education across all levels.
- Business and careers.
- Provides minorities and diverse cultures with an opportunity to tell their story.
- Provides a platform for the discussion of important community hot topics and issues such as mental health, isolation, women’s health, respect for women and gender equity, LGBTQI stories, inclusion, cultural diversity and youth issues.
Further to this, the course is underpinned by:
- Virtual (online) youth forums, round-table discussions and think-tanks.
- Interviews with high profile people/influencers/decision makers/community members/Brimbank Council representatives, and more.
‘BRIMBANK LIVE’ – WHEN AND HOW TO LISTEN
You can listen to ‘Brimbank Live Week’ from Monday 6 July to Friday 10 July 2020 online at www.livefm.online or on the LIVE FM app from the App Store or Google Play Store.