The Snowy Monaro’s bush fire recovery process continues to progress with a Local Recovery Officer appointed on Wednesday to work with the region’s bush fire affected communities.
Crackenback business operator, Andrea Forsyth, has commenced as the Snowy Monaro’s Local Recovery Officer, a role which will oversee the establishment of the Local Recovery Centre.
Ms Forsyth will work with bush fire affected residents to access the services, grants and assistance they require to recover from the devastating fires.
The role includes:
• Establishing and coordinating the running of the Local Recovery Centre.
• Liaison between Council and state agencies.
• Liaising the Australian Defence Force to assist with recovery.
• Community liaison and link with state agencies.
• Executive support to the Local Recovery Committee.
Ms Forsyth says the most important part of her role will be working on ways to inform and communicate with the community to understand what they require in the short, medium and long term recovery.
To contact the Local Recovery Officer, please call 1300 345 345 or email – Andrea.Forsyth@snowymonaro.nsw.gov.au